ID this toggle

Dirk Diggler

I bought a 1970 240z the other day, and i can't figure out this toggle. It is right above the hazards toggle, but has no markings or label. A pic can be seen in the project datto thread under $450 1970 240z, I'm posting from my phone so I can't upload one. There is also a black round knob under the dash that I have no clue about, as well as 2 rods that look like they should have a knob, both under the dash one on drivers side, the other in passenger. Anyways any help would be appreciated, I will upload pics later this evening of what I am talking about.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The two rods on either side of the dash are cold air vents pull them open, push them closed. The round nob under the hazard switch is the guage light dimmer, yes it twists. There is another nob on the other side of the steering column to reset your trip meter on you Speedo.

Update:

Both knobs on either side of the wheel do what Adam said they would. The other ones are missing the knobs so they are just rods, but I tried pulling and pushing both and they dont move, stuck maybe?

But while I was messing with them, I found a bass volume control and wiring for a sub already in there, so score!

heres the toggle:

FxCamera_FxCam_1290471388674.jpg