Strange sound in the voltage regulator

JP521

Hi all!! I own a Datsun 521. This morning I conect the battery and a strange sound like a tic tac came from the voltaje regulador. That sound only heard when the terminal connects and disconnects. Anyone know what happens to the voltage regulator??? is in court??? was burned???.

And since i change the voltage regulator; on the board does not turn the ignition light.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you have to remove the cable every night tell me lots. You need to fix what's wrong that's causing the overnight drain. Sure it's the VR? Could it be another relay. If the horn button is stuck on and the horns disconnected the relay would still be on.

Yeah its a old 521 and believe it or not only has reals 68500 miles on the odometer, still retains many of its original factory parts and even the paint job is the original but very deteriorated. Soon recive fresh coat of paint.

About the problem, i dont think is the horn set, because is well conected and working, the sound came from the VR, i'll check again, taking into account your advices. Thanks!!!