I need a shifter!!

thisisn8n

hey guys. i need a few more parts to have my goon on the road. I have an L18 that is bolted to a 200sx dogleg (so i was told) The problem is, im not sure of the year, and it was sold with no shifter handle (seller said he would find it, but now i cant get a hold of him) anyways, i obviously need the damn thing if i wanna get those wheels turning. anyone know if these shifter handles are interchangable with any other tranny's? if anyone happens to have one and is willing to part with it, let me know.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are not sure of the tranny climb under and look. The stock 4 speed will have a square pan bolted to the bottom of the case. The dogleg will be rounded and have a drain bung.

Posting a picture would be even better.

If it is a dogleg the shifter from an FS5W71B might fit it.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike, how close do you think the FS5W71B would be to fitting. I happen to be looking for a shifter too for the dogleg.

If I cant find one, do you think it would be safe (as if wont leave me stranded) to make my own out of one from another car?

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, thanks mike, I was more or less trying to get more info here, and see if anyone had one available in the other thread.

i checked out the info on the other thread. looks like they would work .

this is what im working with

<a href=http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2418/dsc00287fy.jpg' alt='dsc00287fy.jpg'>

http://community.rat.../dsc00287fy.jpg