Mg3playa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The stance on that car actually looks really good. How does it ride? You can buy any lowering spring you want from eibach.

Thanks, I love the stance too, the springs in the back are way too soft, squats untill it hits the stops on hard shifts. front is ok but i'm gonna go with 280zx struts and coilovers. do i just have to look up 510 in the eibach catolog or do they just sell based on measurements and rate? wouldn't mind some stiffer ones in the back.

• 1 month later...

I have a 72 510 wagon that has front springs with original suspension. (when I bought it which is recently) springs were cut and steering seems to pull to the left. looking into the wheel well the left side spring seems to fit completely hidden on top of strut, but on right side , spring seems to be sticking out (ie., is visible) could this be the reason why car is pulling to the left? or is it because when the springs were cut , they were cut unevenly? Also, if I change the cut springs to normal stock springs, will the stance be noticiably higher?

Rear has leaf springs as is sitting on blocks.

I have a 72 510 wagon that has front springs with original suspension. (when I bought it which is recently) springs were cut and steering seems to pull to the left. looking into the wheel well the left side spring seems to fit completely hidden on top of strut, but on right side , spring seems to be sticking out (ie., is visible) could this be the reason why car is pulling to the left? or is it because when the springs were cut , they were cut unevenly? Also, if I change the cut springs to normal stock springs, will the stance be noticiably higher?

Rear has leaf springs as is sitting on blocks.

If you have a problem and questions you really should start a thread of your own about it. This is after all someone else's post about lowering springs and the answers should go to him. Look up the left side of the page and click on FORUMS now you can select CARS / 510, or perhaps lower down for SUSPENSION and start your own post where all answers are directed at your problem.