Got rear ended on the way home

Sucks to hear that John, but it's good that the father is making it right by you. I had an incident with a teenager in a F250 who hit me in a similar manner as your idiot. He did $2000 worth of damage to my wife's old Xterra. The mother did not want me to file a claim with their insurance as it was their son's 7th!!!!!! accident that year. (take the fucker off the road already)

Fortunately they allowed me to select the body shop and paid the shop cash to fix the car. It's nice to know that there are still honest and upstanding people around today.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, John! I was shocked to read the title of the thread...I was thinking "no....not the wagon...NO...not the Z either!"

Hope everything works out

-goki

If it had been the goon I think they would be planning a funeral right now. :o

The dad seems like a stand up guy. But I did give him some shit for letting his kid run without insurance. He is a business owner you would think he would know better.

If it had been the goon I think they would be planning a funeral right now. :o

The dad seems like a stand up guy. But I did give him some shit for letting his kid run without insurance. He is a business owner you would think he would know better.

yah seriously!!!

PARENTING FAIL for letting a little turd drive around without insurance, hitting nice cars.

-goki

After having the body shop across the street from me look at it. It looks like the body is pushed in just a bit. Where the bracket mounts. I'll have to pull the bumper and have a closer look. Might be a bit more than just a bent bumper. :o

alot of people don't know. you could have had the kid arrested or cited on a felony with no auto insurance. if there was any type of injuries. therefor telling the officer that you needed medical attention no matter how slight! this also protects you if you wake up the next day with neck pain or lower back pain or ect...remenber you have auto insurace, right. all your medical expenses would been charged to the other responsible party. if you would've gone to the hospital. the officer would booked the kid with a felony. "it's the law". if you don't believe me. call your local police department ask for the front desk and ask them if you're involved in a accident and the other person has no auto insurance and your injured is it a felony? did you ask to see the registration? the registered owner of the vehicle is responsilbe for the person driving that vehicle.

alot of people don't know. you could have had the kid arrested or cited on a felony with no auto insurance. if there was any type of injuries. therefor telling the officer that you needed medical attention no matter how slight! this also protects you if you wake up the next day with neck pain or lower back pain or ect...remenber you have auto insurace, right. all your medical expenses would been charged to the other responsible party. if you would've gone to the hospital. the officer would booked the kid with a felony. "it's the law". if you don't believe me. call your local police department ask for the front desk and ask them if you're involved in a accident and the other person has no auto insurance and your injured is it a felony? did you ask to see the registration? the registered owner of the vehicle is responsilbe for the person driving that vehicle.

the term "Dimminished Value" this is a little known insurance trem only a few people know about. let's say you have 2 cars that are the same cost $50K each. 1 has never been in a accident. but the one has. which one would you buy? therefor by turning this into your insurance. you may qualify for diminish value on your Z. were not talking about a $500 bucket, were talking about custom high end show car and you have proof.