Scraped a 620 Today :(

Suspect

Its a sad day when someone scraps out a Datsun. I usually hold on to everything Datsun but it came down to paying rent or getting a late fee. The 620 was a 73 thought it was a 75 but its not, had a L16 with a 4 speed. I originally traded a near new $100 20" TV for a 69 Datsun 521. I took the Z22 and 5 speed out of the 521, traded it to a guy out of state. I towed the 521 on a tow dolly behind my 77 620 KC to Kentucky, and towed this 73 back to Michigan. The guy paid for my gas both ways, gave me the 73 620, a parts L20b, and gave me a place to sleep for a night. I pulled motor, trans, tail gate, door, drive shaft, rear end, seat, door panels, lights, lenses, grille, glove box door, gauges, brake parts, and some other stuff. I got alot of use out of this truck and there really was nothing left but some glass. It was rusty, dash was destroyed. Well all in all I don't think I made out too bad, got $186 in scrap plus all the usefull parts. I ran the L16 that was in the truck for a year in a different 73 and its now in another truck I have.

I don't have any pics other than the original youtube video I made for a friend in Misouri...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn man i knwo how you feel, shoul have atleast tried to cut out the glass. did you get the heater core and heater assembly? what about the steering parts? hood? fenders?

I left all the heater stuff, used most of the hoses on a different truck. Fenders were junk, left the steering stuff. I had 6 of these trucks, so I had tons of stuff, but the bodys were shot on most of the trucks. The windshield had deep scratches where the wipers dug into the windshield. The rear window was just a regular window without slider, I have an extra, plus the ones in my other trucks. I did end up saws alling the passenger side rocker panel off because I needed it for another truck.

I hauled the truck into the salvage yard at about 2pm, put it on the scales and the salvage yard wouldn't take the truck. It is a mom and pop junkyard and they usually take vehicles without titles, they just charge you $20 for them to get a title for it. Well I guess they got busted too many times for taking vehicles without titles and they are strict, got to have a title. I end up hauling the truck back home, called the county sheriff, had him come out and run the vin on it to see if it would come up. He signed a green sheet on the truck and said I should be able to scrap it now. So I took it back, had 5 minutes to spare before the salvage yard closed. They finally took the truck and gave me the cash for it.

It would have moved if the clutch worked. I did get my moneys worth, saved me alot of money in parts.

That's too bad man, but at least you got your money's worth out of it. I like that video,as crappy as it looked it still ran! Datsuns rule! :lol:

the truck ran bad because the PCV valve was wide open

That video sucked... :rolleyes:.... .the truck gasped for another breathe.

Good thing everyone signed their donor cards........ :D