Finally took some pics

Nismoron

Well, I finally went over to my old house (recently married) where my 510 is stored for the time being. I took a few pics to show where I am starting from. When a got the car a few years ago. It had no engine, front fenders, grill, headlights, or valance. The only thing on the front end was a hood and front suspension. I assembled the front end parts and rebuilt all of the brakes and precured an engine and tranny and got here running. I also rebuilt the fuse box, wiper system and all of the guts of the dash. Next was cutting out all the rust and welding in patch panels to the fronts of the frame. Soon after the radiator split and I upgraded to a VW scirocco radiator. Then the rear end started howling (yes it had fluid) and I parked it for a couple of years... In the mean time, I got divorced (yay!) moved and got married again (yay!) The new wife embraces the Datsun where as the first one hated it! Althought she does look on with doubt when I say that it is worth more than she would think... :D Anyway, on to the pics... The jug in teh engine bay is for gas while we were tinkering the other day. It is empty!!! For some reaason, it wont pull fuel from the tank anymore... Newly lined tank and the fuel system has not been opened for dirt dobbers to clog it. Dunno. We'll drop the tank and see. Cant blow air trough it with compressor from the front...

DSC09867.jpg

DSC09868.jpg

DSC09869.jpg

DSC09854.jpg

DSC09850.jpg

DSC09859.jpg

DSC09848.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice goon, i see you have euro tail lights on that thing, very nice :D

Cool! I didn't even know. I bought them on ebay a few years ago. when I got her, there were none... They are very faded, but I had to have something... Looking for replacements now...

They're badly faded and are repro's. They needed alot of work to fit. TRUST ME!!! You dont want them.

And yes that is the original working locking gas cap with key! Got several Elepant Oil caps with it too. No engine when I got it, but three oil caps. hahaha

They're badly faded and are repro's. They needed alot of work to fit. TRUST ME!!! You dont want them.

And yes that is the original working locking gas cap with key! Got several Elepant Oil caps with it too. No engine when I got it, but three oil caps. hahaha

Whatever you do, dont try and sell those oil caps for 20 a piece. They are very common, and people think they are rare and try to sell them over priced.... Go take a gander at the for sale threads haha

Haha, will do... Er uh not do.... I was told when I got the car that tey were rare. But in my initial searches for parts, I saw alot of them for sale, so I knew they couldn't be THAT rare. In my current searches, sometimes a see a few and sometimes I see none.... Not interested in selling them. Not worth the effort. Anyone that want them can come and get them... They mean nothing to me. hell, I dont even know where they are... Maybe someone DID come and get them...