Intake flanges for l20b

budsaipan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean an intake manifold? The flange is part of the intake and it bolts to the head surface. You could cut the manifold just before it narrows down to a single pipe and fit tubes between them and the carbs or weld aluminum tubes to extend them?

I don't know of anywhere that you can purchase them. But I'm working on designing an intake manifold for these heads. Once I get a design, I can send you a drawing (like drafting kind of drawing, not like sketch kind), and you could get some water jetted. This may not be the way you want to do it, but if that will work for you I'll send you a drawing once I make one.

I tried cutting them but kinda messed up. I do have an extra intake manifold to cut the flange off but then don't want to risk it. I just can't seem to find a local machine shop that can do this. The machine shop here overcharges alot and they flat out told me they couldnt even cut the stock one.

I don't know of anywhere that you can purchase them. But I'm working on designing an intake manifold for these heads. Once I get a design, I can send you a drawing (like drafting kind of drawing, not like sketch kind), and you could get some water jetted. This may not be the way you want to do it, but if that will work for you I'll send you a drawing once I make one.

I'm very interested. Let me know when you get it done and I'll give you my email. Thanks!!

budsaipan user_popup.png

Posted Today, 09:42 PM

I tried cutting them but kinda messed up. I do have an extra intake manifold to cut the flange off but then don't want to risk it. I just can't seem to find a local machine shop that can do this. The machine shop here overcharges alot and they flat out told me they couldnt even cut the stock one.

the machine shop you tried sounds like some pussies.... you could just clamp it in a band saw and start cutting, if you feel good you could clamp in a vice and take a sawzall to it then have the machine shop mill it smooth again... you could cut it with one of those metal cutting chop saws, if you dont have one they are cheap at harbor freight