ever heard of these coilovers?

3.0trd

I am starting by rebuild of a set of front 280z struts and spindles to swap into my 71 510. I want to go lower so obviously coilovers are necessary. I found a set from a place called datsunpartsllc.com that sells a kit with 250# springs for $100. I'm not really sure what is included in a more expensive set from ermish, or ground control, just wondering if this kit includes everything I need for install, or if it will be missing pieces... http://datsunpartsllc.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=110&parent=11

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll just stick with ermish, I don't have the experience to be tracking down other parts I'll need to finish the job correctly, thanks!

Out of curiosity, why wont the z struts work? I'm pretty sure they are from a zx, but they came in pieces with the car, how do I tell?

does not have EVERYTHING. the pic shows whats is inlcuded

the top hats are not the best = plastic.

the seller is a member on here.

i have that kit. for the sleeves and springs, as i had stupid time finding them for le$$

X2. I have the same set, but my blue springs were some insane 300#, early bought set.

FWIW, (as hang_510 said) I got it for the sleeves, springs, lockrings, washers, donuts, etc. Price couldn't be beat (now he offers some percentage off for being a ratsun member, I wasn't at the time...) Still holding my car up just fine, but I need to source a better top hat. You *can*, in a pinch, use Sentra springs if you don't like the spring rate. They are also 2 inch ID.

Also the bolt spacing at the bottom of the strut is completely different between the 280z and zx

well that should be easy then, I'll just put it up to the lca on the car and see if it works. I would think the z being the lower model would fit the 510, being a cheap car. its strange that it is more compatable with the zx.