Ratrod trend

OK. I'm getting more and more into the ratrod trend. But when I laid eyes on My first VW ratrod, Man I was hooked!! I have now seen the most awesome one I think so far! I could TOTALLY see Myself crusing around in this!!!!

ratrodvw.jpg

And this one is VERY cool too................

volkstruck2.jpg

There is a very cool highboy VW in Japan called Green Hornet. It's in one of the Japanese magazines that I purchased. I'll scan it later but My thoughts are this: How about a 1927 Ford bed behind a roadstered 620?? Ir other ratrod ideas like these VW guys are doing??? Just a thought......

Check out http://forum.envikenrecords.com/showthread.php?t=1241

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a datsun trend for a long time:lol:

I could see myself cruzing that thing too....for sure!

Full 8 pt. cage, pan lift, fuel cell, Killer interior to match the exterior, the list goes on. Nismopu knows this car, and just how nice it was....was originally built to race baha. I want it back but had to sell my baby to buy a house, and what did the wife sell???? NOTHING.... and of coure it wouldnt be a good picture without some part of a datsun in it.

479114513_l1.jpg

OH yeah, make sure the "missus" is out of the room when You look at post # 18 on page 2!!!!

And You're gonna' LOVE the pictures second and third down on post # 25 of page #3!!!!

I found the Green Hornet on:

Webshots. Search "volksrod" page 14.

I still like the first photo I posted best so far of all I've seen. I had no idea that this trend existed, much less how huge it is!! Very cool rides.

AWESOME! I have what I think is a late 50's VW frame/susp/trans in fantastic, stunning, shape under a tarp next to my shed. It ws left by the PO of this house who built kit cars for sale.

I've looked at VW truck kits and did not like them at all. This however is another story! Best one i've seen! Are ther eany more pict of that rust colored rat?

The wife has been wanting me to dump the frame before I get another Datto, but after seeing this, I just don't know... might be something to it.

I used to be big into the aircooled vee-dub rat scene... I still am. I think the old air-cooleds had the right lines for a rat. I've got a bunch of pictures on my computer of ones I liked... I'm hoping to eventually get one myself.

As for Datsuns... I think if you were willing to take the time and do a bit of planning, you really could come up with a kickass design that built off the original car but made it a bit more rat-friendly. The rear-engine vee-dub is pretty awesome though...