the big yellow one is the sun!! hahah!!

windowlicker

Hello all.name is cameron and i'm in the hunt for a 510.i'm big into the water cooled volkswagens and been for quite some time now.(for the last 12 years) so i'm without a car at the moment and looking to buy a car out of my norm....and a 510 is the car i had in mind. so what i would like you know is......

-what are some of the basic problems to look for when buying?(rust spots and whatever else)

-what is the bolt pattern on the hubs?(4x???)

-what will 5000.00 buy me in a 510?

-any good repair manuals out their?

-and any other good info is welcome!

thanks for your time!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my input:

-what are some of the basic problems to look for when buying?(rust spots and whatever else)

rust spots...everywhere and anywhere.

-what is the bolt pattern on the hubs?

4x114.3

A pretty decent 510.

plenty

Really, it all depends what you're looking for and what you're planning to do with it. Everyone has a different goal in mind.

The more fab skills you have, the better.

my $0.02

-goki

Here's my input:

rust spots...everywhere and anywhere.

-what is the bolt pattern on the hubs?

4x114.3

A pretty decent 510.

plenty

Really, it all depends what you're looking for and what you're planning to do with it. Everyone has a different goal in mind.

The more fab skills you have, the better.

my $0.02

-goki

-first would be is to find a 2door.if i cant find one then it's a wagon or a pick up.

- i would like the swap a late engine (na or turbo) if it's to hard to find dual webbs fo the L engine.

- i would like some info( build thead) on someone who's done the 5x114.3 hubs/brake swap on there 510. i have a really nice set of bbs rs-gt rims that i would like to use.

- coilovers, fender flares (something like rivet on style that the z-cars use) and maybe a rollcage.

that's a rough outline of what i would like to do/have when i get may 510.i do have some fab skills and it helps to be a tig welder!

jun-ive seen that add on craigslist too,looks like a good buy but is a bit far for me to go look at right now. this is where i shop for my 510 cars...

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cp

it takes ebay and craigslist adds and puts it all in one spot for you search through.

All of your mods have been done many times, a search will show you all that you need to know. I would first find a good 510 then worry about the mods you have in mind. With 5k you should be able to find a few good 510s' with some of those mods already done. Just keep looking in the classified section on here and the realm, also post a wanted ad.