WTB race harness

I'm hoping for a Simpson 5 point harness, any condition is good. Preferably black to match what I have. Also looking to have camlock. I just don't have the money to buy one brand new.

However, if you have a harness of another color, type or brand let me know. I'm kind lookin for one ASAP. Needs to have straps for tying to roll bar/harness bar, not the bolt in type. I already have one that's a bolt in that I can't use.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what i have is not race legal, and 4pt

Hmmm, can you get me pictures? I'm not planning on doing any serious legal racing so soon, just need to get a seatbelt of some kind in the passenger seat. What kind of harness? Brand?

Metalmonkey47,

Get to know a local SCCA road racer. SCCA requires that belts be replaced every 3 or 5 years (depending on certification). Most belts are still in great condition when they become "out of service" dated.

Or go to places like www.improvedtouring.com and post in the wanted section. These belts are virtually useless to a racer and for $50 you might be able to pick-up a set of Simpson camlocks.

ill look for brand, simpson was one, had three sets from my step dad

IIRC they are 3" and outdated. the scenario dave described

the bottom attachs to new eyebolts in the stock location and the shoulders strap attaches to the roll bar.

Metalmonkey47,

Get to know a local SCCA road racer. SCCA requires that belts be replaced every 3 or 5 years (depending on certification). Most belts are still in great condition when they become "out of service" dated.

Or go to places like www.improvedtouring.com and post in the wanted section. These belts are virtually useless to a racer and for $50 you might be able to pick-up a set of Simpson camlocks.

Gotcha! Mine don't need to be legal just yet, just safe. Thanks for the info!!

ill look for brand, simpson was one, had three sets from my step dad

IIRC they are 3" and outdated. the scenario dave described

the bottom attachs to new eyebolts in the stock location and the shoulders strap attaches to the roll bar.

Sounds identical to the one I have now, which is exactly what I am looking for. If you can PM me prices and pics then I might be interested.cool.gif If you have two identical ones, I may take two if you wanna sell em.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.