Roadster upgrade

Tacomaboy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota also makes a 4 piston caliper to replace Girling calipers on Triumphs.

Girling on left, 'Yoda S-12s on right.

brakes01.jpg

The 'Yoda S-12 calipers from 4X4s up till '85 are for non vented rotors and are made by... ready for this? Fuji Heavy Industries at one time jointly owned by Nissan, Toyota, Mazda. In fact the S-12 calipers will bolt directly to the 240z. Same bolt pattern. Might even bolt to the earlier Fairlady.

This is intresting. I was'nt able to pull the img.of the S-12 caliper up but will do some checking on it. The Girling seems to be a good swap,just open ear hole to 1/2'' from 7/16''. Either a dual line manifold or cross drill from cyl boer to bore to keep a simgle line operation. So...the S-12 caliper was installed on trucks and 4 runners up to 85? Thanks for all help in this matter.

I guess I must ask,of your intention with the outlaw calipers?

I just am holding onto them for now as they wont fit the roadster's caliper, I ordered them cheap (50 each) in gm size under the impression of outlaws website I could order a bolt kit and be able to convert them down to the roadster size.. I've yet to hear back from outlaw, and various racing sites refuse to order parts for me.

I'd just go with the wilwoods of the same size, wilwood has better support and you can get them off summit or jugs who will back up them up. They are almost identical to the outlaws http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Forged%20Dynalite is what I'm planning to go with, might go with their stainless just for the purdy factor.

Mr. Hitman. Yes, the volvo conversion is still on the table. I'm wondering if anyone has done the cross bore holeshot which will require only 1 brakeline and no manifold converter block. Looks like a plausable mod. I suck at patching links through but it's on 311's under Tech Forum ........ More brake less money. By actually crossdrilling from the bottom of one bore to the other ,you can eleminate the manifold.