few questions

frodo70444

to put new shoes on the back of my 210 do i need to buy the hardware kit? and whats the best factory replacement brand for the brakes all the way around? im fairly agressive when i drive any advice would be appreciated ive seen one set of brembo rotors couldnt find calipers and ive seen alot of centric rotors callipers pads etc. im not abig fan of missmatching name brands ya know

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i shold just go mine sum precious metal and sum coal build a forge and cast my own brake pads huh lol where could i get sum nice pads what company? maybe brembo pads or sumtin i saw brembo factory replacement rotors on the site but only centric pads

Because the rears only do < 20% of the breaking I don't think it matters much what you use. As a rule after market shoes barely meet the OEM requirements of the factory part.

The Nissan pt # is 41060 U6728 for the replacement pads. Around $40 or so.

If you haven't replaced the brake fluid in the last 3 years, now's the time.

To summarize: almost never is a rear drum brake hardware kit needed

Also, Nissan makes the best brake shoes, but you won't notice the difference. Many aftermarket ones last longer, but the Nissan ones have the certain combintation of wear/performance/noise as per original.

The Brembo rotors are nothing special, certainly not any better than the Nissan rotors.

Mix-and-match away, that's what us Ratsun guys do.

Because the rears only do < 20% of the breaking I don't think it matters much what you use. As a rule after market shoes barely meet the OEM requirements of the factory part.

The Nissan pt # is 41060 U6728 for the replacement pads. Around $40 or so.

If you haven't replaced the brake fluid in the last 3 years, now's the time.

20% huh? im aggressive i need all the brakes i can get within reason im trying to avoid emergency downshifting

Braking, forces a transfer of weight to the front wheels which increases traction and prevents them from locking up. Unfortunately, weight is lifted off the rears which would allow them to lock up easier. To prevent this, brake systems are biased with less pressure sent to the rears. Hard breaking and sudden down shifts can easily over power the already poor rear wheel traction and cause lock ups and over steer.