Restoring a cut flared car to stock lip

VintageRice

Is it possible to restore a flared 510 back to factory? Does someone make a patch panel for this area of the car? I can't find the website that sells the 510 patch panels for the fenders and quarter panels to check myself.

Know of someone that had done this successfully? If not, oh well. I like flared datsuns just fine.. Just like factory quarters better.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a customer ask me this very question recently.

My answer?:

probably smarter to source another shell and start over...(sell the flared car to fund the purchase)...or buy another and keep the flared car!

...but I think either way, the labor/ parts/ paintwork involved in replacing entire rear quarters is cost-prohibitive. (front fenders are just a bolt-on...but either way, we're talking major undertaking)

Im currently doing this on my 510. I got the car on the cheap so i decided to go for it. I bought rear quarters(basically just the arches) from a part out car for 60 bucks total. when I tore into my car I found the old box flairs had hidden more rust then I originally thought so I might end up buying complete quarters from alfa parts. If I do that it will be 600 bucks. If you can weld and your patient then replacing the wheel arch isnt a big deal just make sure you know what you have so you dont end up with a growing project like me. Ill post pics when Im done with mine.