New to the forums, couple of questions.

Nitramster

Whats up guys, glad to have finally found a decent forum! I've had my 77 280 for about 5 years now and she's served me from 85k to her current 107k. I've always had this problem with starting up after leaving her outside. It's not always like his but occasionaly she'll crank but not start, that is until I turn the headlights on and off and try again. Today that little trick didn't work either, until the 5th time, after I roped her to a mechanic. We've tested damn near everything, maybe someone else has had this issue?

Also I need to replace the injection hoses and get some new caps for the fusible links, any suggestions on where to ge tthose parts? Zcarstoreonline or whatever they're called has a new injector kit for 300 and the caps for 6 each, but i was hoping to be able to just replace the hoses.

Anyway thanks for reading and I hope to get some pics up in the meantime.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I need to replace the injection hoses and get some new caps for the fusible links, any suggestions on where to ge tthose parts? Zcarstoreonline or whatever they're called has a new injector kit for 300 and the caps for 6 each, but i was hoping to be able to just replace the hoses.

what do you mean exactly by injection hoses? like the actuall rubber hose on the fuel injectors?

and Im not sure what you mean by "caps" for the fusible links?

does the starting problem only happen when you park it outside? what about if your in a garage?

tps getting moisture in it. or you need to check yuor dizzy out, it may have moisture in the plug wire holes, or under the cap. turning it over is drying it out. you can replace injector hoses, they are on the injectors by extreme friction. you need to heat the new hose to get them on, and cool the injector down

what do you mean exactly by injection hoses? like the actuall rubber hose on the fuel injectors?

Yea.

and Im not sure what you mean by "caps" for the fusible links?

The plastic box that covers the fusible links. They get real brittle with age, most Z's I've seen don't have them either, but it's bad to just let moisture sit there on the metal.

does the starting problem only happen when you park it outside? what about if your in a garage?

Yea only outside, and mostly when it's moist, just can't find the bad spot, I'll check the tps as Shady280 recommends.

I've always had this problem with starting up after leaving her outside. It's not always like his but occasionaly she'll crank but not start....

Maybe dampness in the ignition wires cap or coil. If not replaced recently do so. Specially the wires as they don't last forever. I had a start problem that turned out to be the carbon button in the dizzy cap between the coil wire and the top of the rotor. Completely eroded away and there was a gap between the rotor and the coil wire. No wonder it was hard to start. I check it more often now.