high proformance a14

king bee66

i recently bought an a14 that was taken out of '79 210 wagon. the head is clearly different, the indentations where the valves rest are practically flush with the rest of the head on one side. guy at the shop told me it high performance and that it probably couldnt be married to an older '76 a14 block. would it go both ways? meaning, could i put the older model head on the newer block?

no pics cause theyre both at the shop

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any casting numbers?

Also, was it oval port or round?

Look here for A series head info

Most A-series parts are interchangeable from my understanding. The A14 head will fit a newer block.

Also, when you're talking stock A-series parts, theres no such thing as high performance ;) just higher performance.

Were there any casting numbers?

Also, was it oval port or round?

Look here for A series head info

Most A-series parts are interchangeable from my understanding. The A14 head will fit a newer block.

Also, when you're talking stock A-series parts, theres no such thing as high performance ;) just higher performance.

yea, i made a comment about a high performance a14 being an oxymoron. the number on the later model is 728-402 which according to a thread on that site translates to an h72, although the pictures on the tech wiki doesnt match what i have.

my head looks more like this

13913.jpg

13914.jpg

not sure what the later model on i have is. but im guessing its an h77

All A14/A15 heads interchange, all years.

That is a rare piece of kit. Looks like a non-USA head (non-emission) with the closed combustion chambers. Much better than H77 head.

* If it is late model, it will small water ports beneath three of the intake ports.

* If it is oval ports, it is a high-po head. Rounds ports are the lo-po head.