New old rear diff

paradoxx

Last weekend I started to tear apart all of the spare parts I have from a rotten 510.

DSC04135.jpg

as you can see above, the diff is totally covered in old oil.......I hate this, is like taking a dump without wiping your ahole.

Can somebody tell me more about this diff?

DSC04136.jpg

DSC04137.jpg

DSC04138.jpg

The rest of spare parts

DSC04134.jpg

DSC04133.jpg

That gear box is in superb condition, just some new oil and ready to go, since I cant find whats wrong with my actual gearbox, I will install this one.

the gearbox is making this awkward sound. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24466-clutch-differences/page__view__findpost__p__348628

DSC04132.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, just came back from a junk yard.....found 4 diff's with the casting S60 757. They were from a datsun 4x4 1981, which one I dont know.

Does the internals of these ones can be used somehow on the 510? any ratio difference that may result useful? they are selling them for $75 each.

The R-180 front diff from the 720 will swap right into the 510s.

First of all they are an upgrade from the stock R-160 and way strong enough for anything you plan to do to the car

Second, being from a 4X4 they have virtually no mileage on them and were only along for the ride. How many off road miles in 4 X 4 mode actually compared to the odometer miles.... not very much, maybe 0.3%?

Third, the '80-'82 720 4X4s used a 4.375 ratio. '83 and up were 4.11 ratio, so nice acceleration gears for auto X.