engine bay and motor color

so i scored a deal on a ka for my 521 and since im swapping out the motor figured why not paint. i had an idea but ive never seen it so i dont know how it will turn out. im thinking all black, i mean everythingand a really clean wire tuck. fire wall and fenders flat black engine block and head satin valve covers timing cover alt stuff like that gloss what do you guys think also if you have a picture of this setup that'd be awesome if i could see it thnx for the input

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly me to but im not sure what color i want to paint the exterior yet and ill be getting the motor sooner then later and i thought this might be a pretty cool looking setup. on the exterior im either going to re paint it the original green with the white datsun sticker across the bottom or red. i have to give a backstory on the red for it to be cool lol. back in the day coca-cola distributed there product in metal containers that needed to be re painted every once in a while. i work at baxter's and the saint johns store supplied the paint to all the distributors in the area, here's the cool part coca-cola changes there paint code a little bit every year so each year is unique. so im thinking, if i decide to paint it red, i'll paint it 1970 coca-cola red and the datsun sticker across the door be in coca-cola font what do you think

a white engine bay? dirty forever or forever cleaning! Planning any sort of stripes or designs on the paint? Use that color as an accent throughout the car and maybe the bay too. Im painting my car white, but have chosen a light blue color as an accent to use in specific colors to tie everything together.

well im thinking about doing on the exterior the datsun stripe some of the trucks have across the lower door in coca-cola font. if i do anything to tie it together in the engine bay i might do a little red stripe somewhere but im not sure. if i do the blacked out engine bay im going to have a black interior and ill paint the inside of the bed black. my co worker suggested a spare tire mounted on the grill that looks like a bottle cap lol