I just cant choose...

Alright, I thought I had my mind made up but I can't decide. I have a KA24DE swap ready for something. My original plan was to put it in my 2 door, but I was looking at ]2eDeYe swap and thats where my confusion started.

I'm getting the last of my parts for my LZ22. Nothing special, rebuilt bottom end, U67(ported/polished, big valves, polished bowls, all the fun head stuff), schneiders reground cam. Intake will only be my 32/36 but I will put a set of harley CV's on it someday, or maybe a 38/38 if I find a good deal on one.

My KA24DE has a fresh top end and 180psi even across the board. I have a header/intake for it, lightened flywheel, new clutch, 5 speed, and all the swap goodies.

510-Coilovers, 280z brakes, camber plates, soon to be fresh paint. Nothing special, just a fun street driven 510 with some autocross in its future.

78KC...well thats all it is, its lowered and has 50 series tires on it.

Just thought I'd get some opinions of where I should put this stuff. I'm fully capable of doing the swap in either, and have all the tools I could need for mechanical, and fab work, and the space to do it. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heads you do the 510, tails you forget the 620.... toss......... Heads it is!!!! Best out of two?.... toss......... tails! Crap, tie breaker.... toss............... tails!!! it is. Forget the 620. You were right the first time

Hahahaha, thanks datzenmike, maybe thats what I needed!

KA swaps in dimes are common, not to much in the 620. What do you daily? Do you haul stuff with the truck?

Id go with 510, just because its a car and its fun to go fast in a car. Truck can keep the L series, low n slow, and yet still haul stuff.

I really don't know what I'm going to daily when the 510 is done. I used to drive it everyday in its crappy looking L16 form, so who knows if it has a paint job and a decently fast motor. I got the 620 out of necessity and I just like it. The KA in the 510 is the way I kept falling before, a crappy handling 620 with a KA would be a little pointless...and yes I do haul stuff in the truck, not too much though, it has 3 inch blocks and a leaf out.