Wagon bump stop cut?

Just Joel

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. cut it all. then your pinion is gonna make contact with the floorpan...and your rear drive line/U-joint is gonna have clearance issues too...just a snip or two and your in business! (seriously though, if you have the ability to cut the massive nugget of steel off the frame right above the axle bump stop, and box/plate it back in...you get to keep your bump stop....and gain a ton of clearance!)

good luck...get to cutting!

I lowered mine just 2" and that was sort of pushing it. I cut the bump stop and diff stop and it helped some but if you are going low you may have to do like others and cut the driveshaft tunnel and give it more room to clear the diff and driveshaft. personally I would not do this to such great cars but to each is their own. having it very low is mainly for looks and will not benefit much handling wise

Cool, thanks... I'll do what I need to the body to make everything work and look into channeling the frame rail for more clearance ;) I think that 2" is just short of where I want it to be (purely for looks I know) so a little lower it will go. I'm also making a track bar so axle wrap and lack of pinion clearance as a result won’t be an issue.

How about some pics of wagon rear suspension setups for inspiration...

Thanks

Joel