Carb help

oldschool90

I need some help with my carb. We (me and my dad) are in the final stages of rebuilding our 81 720 pickup (z22 man. trans, FYI), and while putting it together, I looked at the carb and noteced some extra ports on the carb. I noticed it when my dad bought the carb to replace the old one, but me and my dad thought nothing of it and just plugged them up. Since we have been working on the engine I keep seeing the carb and I always wonder what they are. I hope someone can help, if you need numbers or anything, if you tell me where to look I can get them. I really have no idea what brand or anything, because like I said, my dad bought it a few years ago, and back then, I wasn't really into working on cars. Below (or wherever it decides to post itself, lol) I've got a pic of those extra ports, if you need any more pics or info, feel free to ask me. Ignore anything else disconnected, it goes to the air horn. Carb.jpg

BTW, just recently found and signed up to Ratsun, and I love it so far!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun, first of all, second mike sounds right. Have you picked up a Haynes yet? That would surely help you here.

Also, you probably need a new accelerator pump for that.The boot looks like SHIT. Last of all, you may want to soda blast that carb. End result looks neat.

I don't have any idea if it's a California carb or not, but I guess I can assume its one, since I am in California. We actually have two different service manuals, one is Haynes, I don't recall seeing anything about it, most vacuum stuff the manuals refer me to the label under the hood. I just went out and looked, and those hoses aren't on there. My guesses for those was the small one was for the compensator, and the big one is some kind of fuel line or something. My dad and I replaced the carb a few years back and the old one didn't have those extra ports, so we just plugged them. I know, metalmonkey47, that the carb looks like sh*t, if you wanna send me a carb kit and want to come out and soda blast it yourself be my guest. Money isn't plentiful at our house and we are more concerned about getting the thing running than anything else right now. You should see the rest of the truck. Anyways, thanks for your guys' input!