well this really,really sucks!

I just recently bought a 76 620 from a friend I used to work with. He did a lot of work to it but couldnt seem to get anything finished and since hes been unemployed for over a year he had to off it to pay the rent. It needs a bit more work but it has a tight long shaft 5 speed. Completely shop rebuilt L20b 40 over,completely rebuilt w53 head with all new valves and seats and a regrind 460 cam,all new brakes cylinders and all,new hoses,belts,alt,starter,clutch...you name it its ready to rock just needs exhaust,some assembly and body work. I got it for $800 and its basically going to be a huge profit flip.

I went in and got it registered and they said nothing was off since I had a signed title and a bill of sale. It hadnt been registered for like 10 years but they didnt say anything and even gave me tabs and registration and said I would get the title in the mail. Well,what I got was a letter from the state that says it was declared a wrecked vehicle through a wrecking yard. They want me to get a bill of sale from the wrecking yard and have it re inspected by the state patrol. Not sure how im supposed to figure out the wrecker bill of sale but it should pass inspection fine with some exhaust. Just BS that they didnt catch this shit when I paid $90 to get it licensed. I did notice on the title it sats the plate was purged which I assume has something to do with it being wrecked. Great,more shit to do.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually realized that since this truck was bought by my friend from a lady whose husband owned it but passed away that maybe she had the titles mixed up. There were 3 620s there at her property when she sold it. 2 of which were obvious wrecked parts trucks that he was using to build this one and never finished. I need to check all the vins and plates and such. The title might not even be for this truck.. Dattos are easy breezy so if I need to i will just transfer all the shit to one of Dougers 620 parters. Still a thorn in the side. I also have a rivit tool that does wonders for certain things. wink wink...