engine id question

bd354

Hello everyone,new here and new to the Datsun engines also. Is the Datsun engine and the Nissan engine made by the same company? I have an older 4 cylinder engine I want to use in a machine I'm building and need to find some specs like hp,rpm range, torque, and maybe the year it was made. It has nissan on the valve cover but I was wondering if it was similar to the datsun. Or maybe the same. As stated I know nothing about either so I figured you guys would know of a link to the specs. The numbers are A 14 ( I think that's a 1) then 735581. It has an alunimun head with cast iron block ,carburator, and old style distributor. Any help/info wil be greatly appreciated. George

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, sounds like the good old A14! They were in B210's and 210's from 1975 to 1982.

Should be stamped like this if it's and A14.

18667.jpg

6475.jpg

• Engine block has extra mounting boss on left side (now 3 bolts for mounting accessory)
  • A-series Cylinder Heads with medium-oval ports of 28 x 34mm
    • Smaller than the A12GX Engine's monster 30 x 34.5 ports
    • Larger than the 1974 A13's 28 x 30 small-oval ports

[*]New four-bolt water outlet (thermostat housing) instead of former 2-bolt design[*]Longer conrod[*]New larger conrod small-end piston pin (now 19mm, 1.6 mm larger)[*]New large valves (larger than A12GX)

• Intake valve:

[*]3mm larger bore: Now 74 mm

• requiring new head gasket with large bore

[*]3-belt crankshaft pulley (for Water pump, Air Pump, and Aircon)[*]Heavier flywheel increased by 2.2 lbs (1 kg) for smoother idling

• 3mm thicker

[*]Rubber Engine Mounts now stiffer 1092 lb/in, up from 1008 for 1974 A13.[*]Stronger, light Starter (80mm), starting wih 7404 vehicles[*]Distributor improved by moving condensor inside the housing[*]3-bolt exhaust pipe-to-exhaust manifold connector

• stainless front tube (USA only?)
    • aluminized pre-Muffler (USA only?)

[*]75HP - 1975 B210

70HP - 1976 USA B210

68HP - 1976 CAL B210

80HP - standard A14

78HP - H73 B210 USA

65HP - Economy A14 Engine. This engine got 47 MPG in the Coupe with 5-speed tranmission. The engine has round exhaust post rather than the usual oval-shaped A14 style. 1976-1978 B210 with 5-speed FU Engine

http://datsun1200.co...x.php?title=A14

3240.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

All motors were made by Nissan one way or another. The company name was Nissan although all cars were branded Datsun since 1932. Sort of like the Chev name on Corvettes, Corvairs, Caprises, Monte Carlos... they are all made by General Motors.

Thanks guys for the info,that helps a lot. Is there anyway to tell about how much hp this engine would make at 3000 rpm? I plan to drive a hydraulic pump and it's rated at 2500rpm max. Also need to drive an alternator and ac compressor and pto for a mower.