Need Diagnostic Help

GERMS

the vacuum adv should go to a port on the carb NOT the manifold. If you dont have a port on carb then adjust the timming a little bit more advanced say maybe 2 degs and just pull the tube off the vac adv. Or better yet turn it till U think it runs better, drive it then ck and adj again if needed.

Plug the hole on the manifold.

PS if the guy had the head off still ck the cam timming on the sprocket. The V should be lined up on the dash or the v slightly right of, under the dash. Like in my vid on olddatsuns.com

THIS IS THE 3RD PERSON I CAUGHT DOING THIS. CARB PORT! do not use the manifold for vaccuum advance

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel! Hooray!

Did what you told me, capped the dist. adv. and manifold, now I had to turn the dist. all the way to the other side. Which means it's not timed right, (tooth is off) right?

As soon as I did that I took the rat for a spin, especially up a steep hill I have to take everyday for school, now I won't keep a tail of cars behind me, it went right up!

I'll relax a bit now and work on getting the tach on, upholstering the buckets or getting new ones, carpet, body work, some 17" wheels, and brakes. Then I'll look into upgrades to make it go faster.

Thanks' for the help guys, and especially banzai510, a true L Series Doc! :P

fIRE YOUR MECHANIC!!!!!!!

PS under the dizzy is a 8mm bolt. you can loosen this to move the dizzyplate more to one side also. it might help it give more timming.

what you can do is loosen put the main timminplate in the middle.

Now loosen the 8mm under neath and now set the timming to 10-12btdc. then tighten the 8mm. up then from now on use the rig timming plate 10mm hold down to set from there. You should be in the middle now.

any more questions look at my vid for more timming photos and how to set on olddatsuns.com