1969 Datsun 521

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are titled as 521's.... Is one a 520? :confused: I found a Van that would be perfect for me for $3300 so I can let them go for that if it doesnt leave quick. I do have more pictures of the 1968 (only a storage one posted of it wearing caps) and a dash and notch pic. The weather hasnt been the best so I havent rolled them out of storage so the pix are still pretty tight. When I get a chance, I will upload more.

Copied from another webpage It's listed on:

Well, the old ad lasted 2 days but here is another and hopefully I can remember everything I said in the last one! I hate to get rid of these 2 trucks but I need a new daily driver and need the room!

I have a 1968 and 1969 Datsun 521 pickup, both are not running and partially disassembled. I bought the 69 as a project truck but It didnt have as nice ofa body as my 68, so I figured I could use it for parts if needed.

The 1969 Datsun was a south-east missouri truck for most of its life until it sat for awhile. It has an l16 swap and needed the top end put back on and re-timed. It has an extra set of factory steelies rattle canned red, and is sitting on some 6-lug 15" baby moon rims with newer tires. The truck has some body damage on the driver side bedside in the back but since it's a single walled bed, should be a easy fix! Truck was rattle canned by previous owner. I have only trailered it from the KCMO area to where it now sits in an enclosed and locked storage.

The 1968 I stumbled upon after placing an ad looking for parts for my 1969. It was purchased in St. Louis,MO and was very clean and well taken care of! It has a newed black paint job that needs buffed, RUST FREE top to bottom, the cab is unbolted to check for rust and anything It may need. It also has a suicide doors maltese cross notch intstalled and 4 linked. 4 link didnt look exactly right to me and needs moved. I will try and get pix. It was built by a "known" mini trucker by the name of Chico? I think it's the guy who has the green/silver flamed/alligator interiored Mazda w/ chrome engine. The truck does not have a bed installed and has not been cut for notch.

Trucks must go as a Pair. They do not run, so they will need to be trailered!

I have many parts to throw in with these trucks including sets of bucket seats, billet accessories, a SBC w/ 400 crank (disassembled) with many new aftermarket parts that I traded mt 87 S-10 for.... and whatever else I can think of.

Asking $3,800! O.B.O..... NEED THESE GONE!

Located: Lake Of The Ozarks,MO

Mautofied Listing: http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100073983.htm

-jake

http://www.myspace.com/jache616

I bought them both and they went right into storage until I had agthered enough parts to knock a huge portion of the truck project out of the way. I was told they were 521's..... :confused: What's a 520 and what are the differences? The hood?

The project started as the 69...the one pictures on the trailer. The truck was rough but definatley buildable. Then I stumbled across the 1968... so I went and loaded it on the trailer and brought it home as well. It was ALOT straigther and had more done...so I basically called the 69 the "parts truck".

I see...

As far as I know, they're both the same truck, save for some slightly different body styles. I think they switched to a different engine sometime in 1970 as well. Other than that... different fenders, different hood, I think most 520's had single headlamps and 521's had duals. Not sure about the other stuff...

Found a good vehicle for work so price lowered..... $3250

If a trade offer: Looking for a cargo/utility van for work and to haul my bike or a enclosed trailer. Will trade for work done to my 1965 Cadillac (Needs body work/painted/frame notched/doors suicided/etc....Offer Work!).

Remember guys/gals... O.B.O

I'd really like these gone in the next 2 weeks!.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.