Early 620 Grille Trim rings

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the passenger-side rings on a demolished grille (the driver's side found my boat trailer tongue when my brakes failed pulling in the driveway). Since I can't guarantee not to break the tabs off I'd just give you the remains of the grille, but we'd have to meet up somewhere. I wouldn't have time to ship anything until at least August.

I can't remember if they're perfect or not, but I saved the grille part solely because the rings were intact on that side. I didn't count tabs, but it's a '76 grille IIRC.

Would you be able to check the tab count? That would leave me with one to find. I might take it anyway if you don't want them :D

Meeting up might be possible. I have a friend that works the I-5 corrider, maybe his job would put him close to you. I can ask him.

Well, maybe the ones I have aren't so good. The Pass. outer has all 4 prongs but it also has a rock ding right on the top. The Pass. inner looks nice but is glued on, 2 prongs are missing. I found the inner driver's side one, I guess I tossed it in the cab when the grille broke, but it only has 2 prongs though one of the missing ones is still embedded in the grille and there are 2 orphan prongs where the outer driver's ring used to be. Not that anyone has successfully spot welded those tiny things back on. But they'd be free...

• 5 months later...

I talked to you at canby and dont remember if Ive ever replied, I found the stack of rings I was thinking of and theyre all beat to shit. I used the good ones to redo my brothers grille. I do have a good grille though with all 4 rings in good shape, its uncracked but has a couple small nicks in it... prob an 8.5 out of 10, If youre painting it you could make it look perfect very easy.

Feel like making up another set of motor mounts and reaming a tie rod? :rolleyes: Make me an offer, money goes fast and parts are getting to be a bitch to find. If you arent in a hurry I could bring it to canby, if you want it shipped Im insuring the fuck out of it so nothing happens to it.

Oh yeah, tell your wife my little sis says hi :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.