subie diff

Please help, I am in Iraq right now and in my spare time I do reasearch for rearends and axles. I have searched on here and Ratsun, I have read KMHAFER'S write up. I am looking to get a newer STI rearend and mate it with www.wolfcreekracing.com cv axle kit. I was wondering how the axles attach to the differential. There is really no definate answer. I want a 2004 to 2008 subaru sti differential with LSD and wolfcreek's axle kit what needs to be built or modified to work?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock 510 R160 and Datsun/Nissan longnose R180 diffs have 25 spline side outputs, while the newer Subaru R180 diffs have 27 spline side outputs. The wolf creek racing setup is designed to use the stock 4-bolt side output flanges of the 510, so you'd need side output shafts with stock style 4-bolt flanges and 27 spline stubs, which were/are available here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/78123-subaru-wrx-sti-r180-side-axles/

here's a few pics of my scooby rear and wolfcreek axles. i am using a older scooby rear, i believe it's from a 86 subaru Brat

510suspension008.jpg

510suspension006.jpg

i gotta take a look at the newer subaru rears to see how hard it would be to adapt there stub axles to work, time to go junkyarding