just a quick cam setting question

Please dont slam me with "use the search function" lol, im on a really slow and crappy connection.

Ok, my 620 is gonna get a new headgasket here in the next week or so, and i need to know how exactly to set the cam on #2, mine is set on #1 atm. Is it just a matter of setting the cam sprocket on #2 when it is reassembled? or is there more to it? i would guess that the cam sprocket only goes on the cam one way. Please help me ohh knowledgeable Ratsun guru's i need to know so i can let the mechanic know.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

set motor to TDC zero on crank.

since your is set On #1. the 1 will be on about the 2 oclock position. Then mark the chain with some paint were the DIMPLE is for #1.

use the timming chain tool to push tensioner , pull fuel pump pull cam sproket pull head replace gasket. put head back on. Now get the sprocet and place it on #2 dwel position and where the dimple is with #2 will put that where you marked the chain with th white paint or whatever color you used

Renmember you break the cam gear FIRST then do all this stuff above

watch this bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.guba.com/watch/3000024223/Hainz-Datsun-L-Series-Engine-01-Timing-Tare-down-and-Rebuild

Ok, ill check out the video when i can, this connection cant. but let me take a stab at this

1- break the nut on cam first thing, release tensioner, remove fuel pump, then remove the cam sprocket from the cam itself?, remove head, replace gasket, put sprocket back on cam on the #2 dowel pin? i assume there is more than one dowel hole on sprocket? then rotate cam with sprocket to the spot on the timing chain that i marked with paint before removing in the first place? does that sound right? and i'll make sure to watch the video, and that will explain it all to me it looks like. thanks again for the help,

Go to the "how to" section,page 2 you will find one that says how to replace a head gasket and not upset the timing,watch the video,after watching that one and the hainz video,you will see how simple it is.I used to fear touching any of that timing chain stuff until i saw the videos.