Help my clip fell out of my Lsd/half shaft!!

Yeah so my passenger side half shaft is lose because the clip fell out somewhere (yes I had to push my car two blocks back to the house, phew) and I couldn't find it. Where the hell do I find another clip for that, and does anyone have a picture of one so I don't have to take my other side off, where can I get one etc....thanks? PLease, thanks..!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's an R160 clutch LSD like most people use, then the half shafts should be installed with a bolt, not a clip. There are viscous R160s that use a clip, but technically they should have a longer shaft on one side to properly engage, and your stock u-joint 510 half shafts don't use a clip unless they've been machined for that reason (and you can't use the Subaru shaft without customizing the CVs). So maybe your bolt loosened or was never installed?

There are different R180's that use either a clip or a bolt, but the ones that will accept a stock 510 half shaft and u-joint shaft aren't from Subarus.