still autocross crazy

I did my first autocross event at the kickoff of this years Canby. I had such a freakin' blast. I had every intention of driving nice and reserved to protect my car and just kind of get my feet wet in the sport. All those intentions went right out the window when I heard the word "go!". This week my Fire District had our annual Drivers Rodeo which is a technical course including forward and reverse serpentines, diminishing clearances, 3 point turn arounds, etc. After we all passed our evaluations I was happy to hear the guys interested in doing timed runs in our fire engines. Interestingly, we didn't knock over any more cones when hauling ass than when trying to be extremely careful.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a Ratsun Team being formed for the NWAA SMACKDOWN in September, DOug Vandecouvering is team captain.

If you liked Salem youll die for Packwood WA 14 acers of SMOOTH asphalt, and 3 days of madness.

Third weekend in September

check the Datsuns NW home page for details

Glad you had fun!

Be careful though... can be addictive! Autocross got a hold of me in '80 and has not let go yet. Didn't take long to get my fiancee hooked too!

For lots of seat/tuning time you can't beat the NWAA practice events at Packwood WA. Huge smooth lot with long runs. We put in over 40 runs on the 1200 last weekend and hope to do over 60 on the 4th of July weekend. There is another practice event at Packwood near the end of August before SmackDown.

Gary

I will start a sign up thread for the smackdown when registration opens next week Doug is not a member here, he doesnt do forums, But he has 6 or seven Datsuns already signed up for the all Datsun team. Freaky and Gary can both attest to the Smackdown being HUGE, the saturday night party is epic! and 3 days of racing thrown in!! Registration will be through the motorsports reg.com website, easy to use and simple 3rd weekend in September.