New here

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got brand new tie rod assemblies, inner and outer, on both sides . I doubt it's due to the pitman arm since it's new as well, but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if I said earlier, but it's got a new center/drag link, pitman arm, tie rod end adjusting sleeve, tie rod assemblies, idler arm, spindles, brake booster, brake master cylinder, all new brake lines, shocks/struts, and bushings. I'm sure I left something out.

ya im pretty happy with the rims, came with the truck that i bought from a guy that used to haul scrap steel with it.... say that on the drivers side tie rod assembly there is 1/2 inch of threads showing, then on the passenger side there is one inch of threads showing... that might could cause a steering degree issue, everything should be symmetrical and centered, if its not right you should take it back to the alignment shop and demand it fixed, they should have checked all of that

Well, it's odd..I really haven't had any problems with the steering within the past few days. My dad and I took it through hell for about a day or so, working around our farm, and it hasn't had any problems whatsoever. In fact ,it seems to be running better than ever.

And ST rims - my cousin co-owns a popular exhaust shop around here and one of their beater trucks is an '85 720 with ST rims. Maybe one of these days if I keep bugging him enough he'll sell them to me. Just maybe.