66 520 RHD

Looking at my truck today with my buddy(Slixon) and talking about going RHD with it,looks like alot of it is there dash I can easy swap to rhd and pedals look easy to relocate,steering looks like it can be swapped over with afew easy mods from what we were looking at. Just thinking if there was something else im not seeing,thats why i'd ask here.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dash is easy to do, most early Datsuns were manufactured so they could be built either way.

The big question would be why? I mean, it's cool to have a "real" import JDM vehicle because of the exclusivity of it being from Japan, but why hassle with the conversion only to end up with a vehicle that's difficult/dangerous to operate in traffic?

The dash is easy to do, most early Datsuns were manufactured so they could be built either way.

The big question would be why? I mean, it's cool to have a "real" import JDM vehicle because of the exclusivity of it being from Japan, but why hassle with the conversion only to end up with a vehicle that's difficult/dangerous to operate in traffic?

I think something someone built is wayyyy cooler than something bought, and the reason why is the same reason we lower them down and swap out the engines,to be differnt

I build *everything* myself, so I also think cars that people built themselves are WAYYYYY cooler than one that someone bought. I'll hang around the buckets that a guy built in his garage all day before I venture over to the checkbook cars at local shows.

There's a difference between lowering them with airbags, and converting to RHD. With the airbags you can at least drive it normally, but with RHD you can't make left turns safely, pass people, go in the drive through, use the ATM, among other things. Even with all this I'd like to own a real RHD Japanese car, but I'd never convert a LHD one.

Here's an example why; There was a really cool RHD Subaru at a recent local car show, everyone thought it was the bomb.........then the owner mentions that it was converted from LHD, and almost immediately everyone's interest dropped like a rock.