77 620 and titan wheels

Braden

i have a 77 620 with 4 wheel drum, i also have titan wheels, what i was wondering is if i can throw some 225 40 18 on it and not have any rubbing issues, its my understanding i dont have to run spacers but when i put the wheel on its so close in the rear, anybody run these on a stock 77 620???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' date='23 May 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1274627383' post='306475']

You need 1/4" spacers or you need to bore the center holes out.

you positive right, spacers would effectively space the inside lip of the hweel away from the frame more while boring would bring it closer so which is it??????? i am running 4 wheel drum, the only problem i could see was having to shorten the dustcap on the front hub and on the rear it was just really close, so maybe i would only need 1/4 inch spacers on the rear, does anybody have a set????

i have a 77 620 with 4 wheel drum, i also have titan wheels, what i was wondering is if i can throw some 225 40 18 on it and not have any rubbing issues, its my understanding i dont have to run spacers but when i put the wheel on its so close in the rear, anybody run these on a stock 77 620???

What part of the truck comes close to the rim ? Im guessing the leafs & maybe part of the frame above the axle. A 225 tire may be too wide from a rubbing standpoint but the rim can deffinately accept it seeing as it's 8 inches wide. & true the spacers will work but it takes away a few turns of the lug nuts due to the rims being pushed "out" slightly.