What tires are on your Truck?

Gensaiken

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what type you have in mind, spend the money at Les Shwabe, the warranty and customer service makes it worth it in my book. :thumbup: And unless you have the money in hand avoid Discount Tire's financing, unless you want to deal with the India telephone crew. :poop: They want your bank account # and routing number and 1 payment and they dont care to call several times every day to get it! I made that mistake and I will pay them sorry sacks off asap and will close that account before the 6 month turns into 30+% intrest rate card off! :angry:

No matter what type you have in mind, spend the money at Les Shwabe, the warranty and customer service makes it worth it in my book.

ditto man, I had a tire blow out a week after I got it and it was cuz the kid didnt put it on right and I didnt have a warranty, last time I dont go to shwab.

Thanks for the information.

I'm not sure if I'd go with schwab. I've had a few bad experiences with them. I like their warranty and financing but some bad experiences have put me off buying from them again.

I was considering getting the Yokohama Geolander ATS in a 205/70/15 but it's going to cost about $400 shipped and installed at a local tire place.

I'm still at this point really not sure what kind of tire I need. I might do some very limited off road in the truck, dirt road / gravel but I don't think anything to serious. It won't be driven all the time, pretty casually. Can I get away with some sort of street tire or should I go for this light off-road tire?

Not very off road, but I'm running 195/50 15's Falken's

Are those the Falken Ziex? I think I have a set of those on my Subaru. An awesome tire, can run through puddles at 60 mph and have no problem. :D Although driving with em on gravel is pretty much like driving on ice. :lol:

I do believe if you get an online price Americas tire will match or beat it by 10%, if you have cash or credit card in hand. I used to work at Les Schwab so I too buy my stuff there. The Federal tire at Schwab is a good, kind of agressive looking street/offroad tire for a cheap price.