Dynoed the 510 today

Dynoed the car today, had a bit of a problem with the dynojet dyno. The AEM CDI ignition on the car puts out to strong of a signal for the dyno jet to read rpm, so the tune was mostly guesswork. The bright side was that 20 rwh was picked up with the tune 246 rwh @ 7psi, the motor is a bone stock N/A L28 on E85. The dyno operator/owner is going to do some research and the rpm will be taken next time from a sequential injector feed or using an optical sensor off the front dampner. With a proper rpm (torque) graph tuning to 9-10 psi on the stock bottom end shouldn't be a problem.

dyno52110.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume "bone stock" means factory internals and head.

The way to get more power is using E85 and the AEM EMS to re-calibrate the fuel and timing maps (I'm assuming that's what they did).

Since the energy density of E85 is less than gasoline, the map should be richened. You can run more advance without danger of knocking or detonation with E85.

Nice numbers 510Six :thumbup:

The block and head are N42 from a 75 280z, with 9-10 psi I expect 300 rwh. What gets me is the timing curve with the E85 ,I know it is "just" 7 psi(with a T67) but the motor is seeing 28* of timing at full boost. The A/F ratio is set between 10.5 and 11.2 , it takes 1.43 times the amount of fuel with E85 at WOT and the fact that it is 20 cents per gallon cheaper than 87 oct is like icing on the cake.

10.5-11.2 AFR seems like it's set up for ordinary gasoline. E85 contains about 75% alcohol which contains 34% less heat energy and so more fuel is needed per unit of air. E85 has about 25% less power in it than gasoline. Have you tried running 9 or 8 AF ratio?

10.5-11.2 AFR seems like it's set up for ordinary gasoline. E85 contains about 75% alcohol which contains 34% less heat energy and so more fuel is needed per unit of air. E85 has about 25% less power in it than gasoline. Have you tried running 9 or 8 AF ratio?

This explains it better than I can, the tune being a bit rich doesn't hurt as much on alcohol.

http://www.e85mustangs.com/tuning.html