Chair Holder downers!!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you keen on keeping the bench? You could always swap over to bucket seats. As for the brackets... I wish I could help ya, but I really don't know... I just know that the benches vary in widths between a couple of the models...

You talkin' about this part?

rails2.jpg

That's the slider assembly (attached to a '77 Bench). The slider assembly bolts to the bench frame (also visable, it's the curved part). The curved part is integral to the bench- if it's gone, it had to be cut off and the bench is worthless.

The "bolt" on the slide rail goes through the lip rail on the floor of the truck. That rail is welded to the floor- it's actually part of the cab. The rear tab on the slide rail simply bolts to the floor, there's supposed to be a nut tack-welded to the floor that the bolt goes through.

This is the lip rail (it's yellow in the pic... I have buckets in this truck, but you get the idea)

floor2.jpg

Not ones that fit in a 620 very well... be easier to hunt the junkyards and pull a pair off an old bench. Most aftermarjet seats have you bolt straight through the floor, or use the existing ones. I just threw away an old 620 bench a couple weeks ago. The rails were in really bad shape, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.