1980 510 Hatchback

jncbot

replied to a craigslist add, to find out the 1980 510 4door was a 510 hatchback....and no one has come to look at it yet. i live 4 blocks from it, so im going to take a look. she says really clean body, "no rips", dd, 5spd, 212k.....but what should i be looking for?

any help would be great, i can barely find a picture for it online... let alone info!

i'll take some pics of it too

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it will have a NAPS Z20S (carb) engine. If it has a 5 speed it will be a dogleg!!! nice!

...oh yeah, the dogleg has a non standard shift pattern with reverse above first and 5th below 4th.

R 2 4

1 3 5

I like the looks of the A-10 but most try to compare it to the original 510. As far as I'm concerned it's still a Datsun.

There's not too much you can do to the Z series motor performance wise. If I had one I might try to find an '82-'83 200sx and get the EFI Z22E and swap it in. Or maybe a Z24 with stump pulling torque, from a 720. Or even a KA24E from a 240sx. All will bolt to your tranny and fit the motor mounts

Dogleg trannys are preferred by racers because the shift from 2 to 3 generally needs to be a faster shift, which is where the dogleg comes in :)

I'd love to have one! Make sure you take pictures ALL over and bring them back :)