check out dat dump truck

dat521gatherer

1574916306_c2ddc568a2_m.jpg

1573931933_4cca363774_m.jpg

1574836998_2c715c1fd4_m.jpg

1574891350_59f29a2a6d_m.jpg

1574861666_241b7835e0_m.jpg

it's up in normandy park down the street from shoreline,wa. maybe some of you up there have seen it before. i met him earlier this year and i've tried to get him to sign up but so far no luck.

i guess a company up there bought 2 new 521's hot off the press and had them turned into dump trucks for their business. he says it's for sale and would take $3200 for it unrestored. he has a bunch of spare parts for it also.

when the bed is down flat it sits a couple inches higher than original so the body lines dont match up. he says he wants to restore it before he sells it. i'd hate to see how much he'd want for it then.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually... up here, $3200 would probably be reasonable, depending on the condition of the hydraulics... One piston can cost upwards of a couple grand, let alone hoses, controls, pump, etc...

It's pretty neat, but I don't really see the point... I think unless he had a diesel or a larger displacement engine in there it wouldn't be worth it to have a dump bed on the truck... The bed itself doesn't even really look reinforced...

Now what would be cool was if the hydraulics went the other way and pushed down... then you could hop over traffic... :D

That's bitchin...

A guy I knew in highschool stole the ram and pumps from dump truck.

Drove around town running it up and down. For some reason the cops figured out it was him, lol. Busted his ass.

He ended up building a couple other cool trucks after he got a job at the local junkyard, and he stayed outta trouble.

it does have a l20b in it. i find alot of people use there old datsun's as yard trucks. useless unless it had a lager engine? you'd be suprised how much an l20b in one of these trucks can haul. it's not about the engine anyway it's all in the gearing.

hell i pushed a 70 t-bird up a hill one time. had to stop on the middle of the hill cause a jackass got in my way and i still got to where we were going.

can you imagine the amount of money this company saved on gas and steering boxes rather than using a full sized american truck?