New Datsun 521 Owner

Kyle253

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my L16 rolls 70mph @ 4000rpm's, 80mph @ 4600rpm it doesn't go much faster than that.

dont forget to check those brake hoses. they're probably pretty cracked. also a very good idea to clean and repack those wheel bearings. btw the inners are no longer available. then there's the king pins. i did mine recently. if you can buy the king pin set on ebay. they're the cheapest and japanese brands.

70 at 4000 that sounds so nice what luxury!!! is that with the stock 4 speed?? and rear end???

its possible to do 70 with stock 4 spped and rear diff and have earplugs

65mph with my speedo is about perfect cruising speed. Then I pulled out my GPS unit and find out Im 5mph off.

Oh just another added comment recently my distributor was worn out. I still could do 70 but getting there was taken longer to do so. swapped out distributor and was like another motor was installed

Had nothing to do today so I lowered the truck. May have to get longer tension rod bolts. 3" in the back sitting on the bump stops, Keeps the truck level at the moment untill I can pull the bump stops and get longer bolts or smaller shocks for the front.

Pics up later.