:angry: Well i was just informed today that due to Budget cuts, the hospital that I work at has to terminate my tempoary employment. 7 months of no med insurance, No PTO, I did not even take a sick day. I was basically assured I would go to full time in June. FML At least they are keeping me on until the end of the pay period which is next Friday.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: Well i was just informed today that due to Budget cuts, the hospital that I work at has to terminate my tempoary employment. 7 months of no med insurance, No PTO, I did not even take a sick day. I was basically assured I would go to full time in June. FML At least they are keeping me on until the end of the pay period which is next Friday.

Sorry to hear it me! My local hospital just laid off 30 people yesterday. Must be something in the air! Best of luck!

sorry to hear that.

Maybe apply at Health Insurance companies. They're making major profits every year. Charging people more and not paying out to doctors.

Actually I worked in the IT department... unfortunately this town is dying and there are no jobs in my field. I guess I am going to have to commute...

That sucks man. Pt. Angeles has been dying for a long, long time now. Unless you own a coffee shop or some weird knick-knack shop down town, you're pretty much screwed up there. I work with alot of people that commute down from that side of the bridge..

That sucks man. Pt. Angeles has been dying for a long, long time now. Unless you own a coffee shop or some weird knick-knack shop down town, you're pretty much screwed up there. I work with alot of people that commute down from that side of the bridge..

All the knick knack shops are closing too. Unless i want to go work in a mill again i am pretty much screwed. time to find a job and talk the wife into moving, i have grown to hate this town anyway.

My wife and kids and I were up there first week of April, and it was definately slower than I remembered. My dad lived in Hadlock for a while, so I spent alot of time up in your neck of the woods when I was a kid. The job market down my way isn't great, but it seems to be picking up a bit. Just keep an eye out man, something will come up.