L-series 5-speed Bell Housing

Hey, so I am looking for a bellhousing from an L-series 5-speed. I need it to put on my Naps-Z 5-speed. Sooo.. if someone's looking to trade bellhousings, sell a bellhousing for cheap, or even donate one to the betterment of Datsun-kind, let me know. Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh rly?

Like, out of a 75 620 possibly? The latest one I have is from an 80 720 4x4.. I think that's about as late as the L-series gets.. unless you count the ZX cars..

I have read alot on this, and I'm unsure as to whether or not the 4-speed case will work. Some say it will.. some say it won't. Have you done this?

I'm hoping you're right, since I have those trannies and don't want to have to search high and low for a 5-speed case. :unsure:

It will bolt on but.... I know, there is always a catch. The reverse light switch on a 4 speed is about 1 inch further to the rear than the 5 speed. You can drill and tap a new hole and plug the old one and it will work.

Here is a 5spd with reverse switch. Just to the left is the space where the 4spd reverse switch would be.

revswB5.jpg

Here is a 4spd converted over with the reverse switch moved forward for use on a 5spd.

RevSwitch.jpg

FWIW The last year an L series tranny was used was 1984.

Hey, so I am looking for a bellhousing from an L-series 5-speed. I need it to put on my Naps-Z 5-speed. Sooo.. if someone's looking to trade bellhousings, sell a bellhousing for cheap, or even donate one to the betterment of Datsun-kind, let me know. Thanks!

I have a 5 speed bell housing if you still need one? I live in SoCal $20

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.