Help please... 510 seat mounts

dgi

Does anyone have some pictures of the stock seat brackets/mounts for a 510? I need to see what they look like. PM me a picture or two if you can.

Finally got to working on the interior. Removed what appears to be 240Z seats planning to go back with stock seats from my original 72 510 from back in the 70's (been stored a long time).

However, the stock floor pans have been "replaced" (or messed up actually) and the mounts must have went along with the old pans. Appears a different mount was welded in, probably the Z car mount. Just doesn't look right and fitting up the stock seats to it doesn't appear doable.

I really want to go back to stock interior, so please help me out if you can.

Thanks,

dgi

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you are looking for is called the 'seat riser'. They come up fairly often here in the classifieds.

Should be item 45 in this drawing.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the link. That is a big help.

What is messed up is 2 and 3 in this drawing. 4 and 5 in the drawing are completely missing (if supposed to be in a 72). I believe I will have to fabricate replacement pieces for 2 and 3.

The seat risers I have look very similar to the ones in the drawing you linked. I'm not sure they are from a 510 or came with the apparent 240Z seats. I believe the ones near the inner rocker panels have been moved inboard about 1 inch and both have been raised up in the front almost 2 inches. I believe I can make do with them.

Thanks again.

Without even knowing it, nukeday posted a picture that answered my question in his thread

329_2904.jpg

Did a little comparing on the seats and the seat risers today. I was correct, the outer riser had just been moved inboard 1 inch. That was hard to tell because the entire floorboards are "third party" sheetmetal, solid but nowhere like the original.

The front seat supports were there, but just the tops of them. They had been cut out and about sliced (or rusted) lengthwise in half, rewelded in lower down and some brackets bolted on to approximately the correct height.

So drilling mounting holes in the correct place at the rear of the seat riser, a little 3 pound hammer action on the outermost "manufactured" mount and another drilled hole and my original seat bolted right in place. It is positioned correctly and at the right height fortunately. Even works perfectly with my original console.

I am a happy boy! Now I will be able to put the seats from my original 510 back in this car. Just gotta clean up the floors a bit, install some padding and carpet while finding someone to upholster the seats.

Thanks for all the tips and help guys!