Do the $15 windshield mouldings online work?

Theghost

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for ... but for that price get it, nothing to loose really. Seal it up with a tube of urethane NOT RTV crap.

yeah Mike me too, I did a google search and this same product was really all I found at a few different sites... I think I'll give it a shot, I've spent $15 on worse

things... =)

Remove it on a warm day and take your time. I've done a 620 and when in place run a small bead of black urethane sealer around between the rubber and the outer body metal and gently press down so it 'squishes' and makes a water tight seal. Do NOT get that shit on you, it smears like grease but you can't rub it off with a cloth. Takes a day to harden but no leaks. You can also use on the rubber to glass side.

and sometimes you don't get what you paid for.

Here's a complaint forum for this company.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/car-stuffcom-c52955.html

Didn't read thru the whole thing but that looks like a different site they are complaining about?? Original post is talking about www.carbodyparts.net, not car-stuff.com. I have ordered from carbodyparts. They sent me my stuff, they just price gouge on shipping..

Didn't read thru the whole thing but that looks like a different site they are complaining about?? Original post is talking about www.carbodyparts.net, not car-stuff.com. I have ordered from carbodyparts. They sent me my stuff, they just price gouge on shipping..

a little further down

"Toyota ( Scam) AutoParts, Nissan ( Scam) AutoParts, Honda ( Scam) Autoparts at discount prices...The SCAM goes just a little further than CarStuff.com. If you go to either Carstuff.com, 1-800-262-0795; CarBodyParts.com, 1-888-251-1209; CarParts.com, 1-800-387-3198, and possibly a few others (since they claim over 30 warehouses) you will find they basically list the same parts by the same part numbers and the clincher is that even though their parts seem to be at give-away prices compared with other internet competitors, they make their money on the shipping (which is often more than the price of the part), and the handling (another separate item billed to you for a price that will be as much as the shipping)."

They are all the same company. google search their toll free number and you will see along with reading through the whole link.

Maybe their customer service is better now. But if they send the right part or don't he's only out the $15.

Crazy lol. i didnt want to take the time to read it all :rofl: I believe they would have problems since they screw you on shipping like that. Places like that usually are pretty shady. Either way, i got my parts ok and they are still on my truck today :D

Good luck to you TheGhost, hope you dont get screwed like other ppl. I only made that one order thru them and never again after paying 32 bux for shipping on 4 little items