1968 Rear Bumper

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a clean 1968 Bumper. Chrome can be in any condition, just looking for something fairly straight.

Thanks for your help

You could always buy one of those $1000 bumpers OR save a fortune and just cut a hole and slap a light on a regular rear bumper. :)

You could always buy one of those $1000 bumpers OR save a fortune and just cut a hole and slap a light on a regular rear bumper. :)

That's what I'll do, cut a hole in it, and be done with. :rolleyes:

That's what I'll do, cut a hole in it, and be done with. :rolleyes:

That wasn't supposed to be a smart ass answer. 68 bumpers are not easy to find and if you find a good one it's going to cost you a bundle, so why not cut (not all hacked) a hole in it and place the light over it just like the 68 is? Unless you take the light off you'll not see a difference. Now cutting 'a hole in it, and be done with' would be stupid but if you have or can get the bumper light, you're almost there.

That wasn't supposed to be a smart ass answer. 68 bumpers are not easy to find and if you find a good one it's going to cost you a bundle, so why not cut (not all hacked) a hole in it and place the light over it just like the 68 is? Unless you take the light off you'll not see a difference. Now cutting 'a hole in it, and be done with' would be stupid but if you have or can get the bumper light, you're almost there.

You wouldn't even need to find a 510 light either. I saw 2 NOS 1200 bumper lights on eBay a few weeks ago for cheap. They look very similar to the 510 light. As long as it lights up the tag, it will not matter. Not too many people would even know it wasn't a stock item.

I sold my NOS 68 bumper and NOS light a few weeks ago for $1000 so I know they are not cheap or plentiful.

Good Luck,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.