Will any other year beds fit an 84 720?

Theghost

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bed of my 84 720 has a few rust issues and needs a bit of fab work, got me wondering if any year beds besides an 84 would fit on my truck? I want 1984 or earlier cuz I really like the rail and hooks =) anyone know? Thanks

this was just asked a week ago, was it you who asked??

anyways. Any year will fit, however you have to find the same bed you take off. IE, short bed with short bed, long bed with long bed, and king cab with king cab. There is a difference in all 3 so make sure it comes off the same type....

this was just asked a week ago, was it you who asked??

anyways. Any year will fit, however you have to find the same bed you take off. IE, short bed with short bed, long bed with long bed, and king cab with king cab. There is a difference in all 3 so make sure it comes off the same type....

nah I didn't ask last week, but thanks a lot for the help bro! I have a short bed so I'll be on the lookout. How far back will the beds fit?

nah I didn't ask last week, but thanks a lot for the help bro! I have a short bed so I'll be on the lookout. How far back will the beds fit?

well, really. you could put a hardbody bed on there, or a 620 bed on there but it would look retarded on a 720... :D

There are three different types.

'80-'82 will swap and have horizontal tail lights below the box and an outward facing lip around the top of the box and an exposed weld line running down both sides that is rust prone.

'83-'84 also have the exposed weld line and outward facing lip but the tail lights are vertical and in the rear box corners.

'85-'86 also have the vertical tail lights but smooth one piece sides and inward facing lip.

I like the '85 and on for better rust prevention.

1984 with bed-side seam...like older Toys...very rust friendly <_<

1984720.jpg

Later bed without said seam..... ;)

1985-nissan-720-6.jpg

Another just for your motivation :D

0508mt_01_z1985_nissan_720front_dri.jpg

I personally prefer the later bed. Even though I would use the living heck out of the hooks, when looked at from a purely visual standpoint, the flatter sides fit way better with the flow of the cab sides. The notch on the earlier one seems to look like a Toyota bed...accidently stuck behind your Datsun. :rolleyes:

The rims look super nice man....congrats on the good purchase. :cool: