wanting to drop my truck 3" front & back 521 1972

521Dave

Wanting to lower my truck to a respectable 3" drop, and I know Ill want to go lower later but, I'd like to know some good setups that are cheap and effective. I understand the front setup, but would like some advice, any easy ideas? I figue 3" blocks is a way to go , I read on this forum you need a wedge to compensate for the drivetrain angles. What proper angle would that be for a 3" drop? If it even matters anyways just fishing for some ideas.

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my leafs off, and took em to a spring and axle shop. They cleaned, painted, new "bushings" or rub pads, new clips, and a 3" dearch for $115 total. A little priceier than blocks, but my rear end is solid!

CaliforniatripwithCambria132.jpg

3 inch block (no angle...need to fix that fo sho!!!!) plus 2 leaves out. Haul stuff all the freegin time. Rides super smooth and softie. :D

Bumpstops long gone front and rear. No frame notch (yet ;) )

Your truck needs to be seen man.....give us some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

should work, mine does

upload it on photobucket, make sure it uploaded sometimes mine breaks

copy the URL for the image (auto copy never works for me :() (usually http://img.photobucket.com/albums/something/username/album/image.whatev)

paste it in a post, and put it between image tags so the forum knows what scar non; [ IMG]URL[/img] (without the space in the first tag)

then winrar, hopefully :D

My 521 had the main & overload leafs, 3 inch blocks & the frame & axle were 1/2 inch apart. I cut the rear stops so they were just above the U bolts,,rode rough at times but i dealt with it. Like Denver i hauled stuff all the time it just rode rougher... :D

If you run the angled blocks you should'nt have to raise the carrier bearing.

3-11newstaris.jpg?t=1271548408

ok im in the same boat as O.P.

what is the angle for exactly??

It keeps your U-Joints from coming apart!! lol What the angle correction is for is to make both pieces aligned. It is very important if you want yer shit to last... I used to do alot of lifts on trucks years ago, and found out the secret. Straight lines, no matter how far apart height wise, are a necessity. Make the back the same as the front, up or down, and you'll never have any issues