78 vs. 74

I have 2 1974 auto L18 Engined Datsun 620s. I also have a L20b setup with a 4 spd from a 1980 720. I found a guy near me, that has a parts 1978 620 Reg cab, and a 4 spd, with bad motor, etc, front disc brakes, etc. I could throw the l20b in there could I not? I assume 78 only had l20bs?

Radio

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor mods, is cool, He wants 450$ for a KA24e, with 5 spd, 3 4 spd 620 stds, a parts chassis 620, 3 tailgates, some extra doors, 6 carbs (hitatchi) front disc brakes (stock) and 3 l20 heads. I told him how much for just the 620 stuff, and he said 400$ haha

Radio

Minor mods, is cool, He wants 450$ for a KA24e, with 5 spd, 3 4 spd 620 stds, a parts chassis 620, 3 tailgates, some extra doors, 6 carbs (hitatchi) front disc brakes (stock) and 3 l20 heads. I told him how much for just the 620 stuff, and he said 400$ haha

Radio

The disc brake stuff won't fit trucks before '78.

240sx or Hardbody KA???? Is the KA motor running in a vehicle? Otherwise worth it's weight in scrap or good for a few parts for another KA. It might be ok but why is it out and for sale??? Rod knock and oil smoke from drifting?

Is the 5 speed from the KA motor?

OK to have a spare 620 4 speed if from an L18 or L20B but most people want 5 speeds. Any chance they are 5 speeds and the guy doesn't know it????

Carbs are good for spare parts anytime.

What are the head casting numbers????

$50 for a KA24E? Sounds like a deal if the rest of the stuff is worth it to you.

A 4-speed is good if you don't have a spare 5-speed already.

The disc brakes would work with custom upper control arms, but that's a couple $.

I call dibs on a straight tailgate. :D