what ever happened to my old 510?

hi, just got back into 510's, got a 71 4 door and parts car from a fellow ratsun guy and as i was tearin into the parts car i recognized the hood from my first 510! i figure it got parted out but i think somebody on the forum got her and i'm curious about where she went. i don't have any pics of it but it was easy to describe. rattle can black 4 door full of bondo, trunk was rusted and sheet metal laid in place. l20b, weber, sloppy dogleg 5speed, 77 celica seats. i sold it to a guy in tacoma fife area? then saw it briefly on craigslist for $500 a while back. anybody know where she ended up?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That describes a lot of 510s. Mine was like that, except there wasn't any sheet metal in the back panel, unless it was hidden under the shitty bondo. That and I met the guy who used to own it once, think he still lives in Spokane.

I've sold a few 510s and I've wondered what happened to them. Seems like most I sell them to are on these Datsun forums and post a promising project for a while and then just fall off the earth. I know at least one is being rebuilt based on one thread on here. but for years it was a mystery if it ever got built or just cut up. I had a green wagon that sold to some one in WA who is on here but I don't know if they did anything to it or just rocking it stock. And another sold to a guy in Canada which then dissapeared as the guy sold it before he finished the project.

Its hard to keep track of some of these Datsuns you figure they'll end up getting worked on and fixed or parted out but you'd be surprised.

Anyways, hopes some one knows the 510 you are talking about but like HRH said that describes just about every 510 some one has come across at one point. Kind of like saying "I had a flat black lowered 620" thats over 50% of them now. :lol:

yeah, i'm not getting my hopes up, just thought it was worth a try. i'll ad a little more info tho and see if that helps. it had a momo steering wheel, nice auto meter gauges, hood pins, roof rack and black and chrome steelies, and the drivers rear quarter was hit really hard and was full of really bad bondo. i'll see if i have a old photo to scan...