200sx Transmission Qustion

ser240z

Will a CA18et trans bolt into a 610 for a swap? I have a CA18det and I need a trans. I found a 85 200sx turbo trans, and rather than swap the bellhousing to a KA, will it just bolt in whole? Then I don't need to buy two transmissions to make one.

Thanks

Scott

Please move this if it's in the wrong section.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 710 (other than body and rear suspension, they're basically the same car) and plan to run a CA18ET 5 speed with L bell so this had better work. :D

The 610 uses a 4 speed that is roughly the same length as the '85 5 speed so you shouldn't have to shorten the driveshaft. However the tranny mount will not be the same so there will be some modding to do here. I checked last summer and CA18ET and DET are more or less the same block so an ET 5 speed will fit the DET motor. The CA speedo cable may have a different end and not connect up to the speedometer. The old style (610) were a screw on. Some of the later ones were a clip on. If it doesn't fit use one from a 620 or 280z/zx. The 610 one will work, but may be too short for the CA tranny bcause the speedo drive is now on the right side.

well if its anything like a ka trans you should be able to use the original x member and mount just moved to the rearmost holes this is what compression did on his 610 his came with a 4 speed stock im not sure if you have an auto or not or if the x members are different or not i havent played with an auto 610